Sunday 29 March 2009

Bring Back Neo-Soul


I have gotten myself into a very melancholy mood.

It started from listening to a song I was sent...by Tarrus Riley...it is now my favorite song for obvious reasons. Having listened to it a few times I was in the need for more music.

It sent me on a YouTube hunt... because of my laziness to search for any CDs.

I started by seeking out more of Tarrus Riley, he's got such a pure voice and the lyrics to his songs are so meaningful and heart reaching. I forged onwards and listened to some Tanya Stephens, Morgan Heritage and Beres Hammond and these put me in a great mood for Neo-Soul.

You know the kind of music where you are relaxed, in a good mood, and want to listen to whilst spending time with that special person in your life or thinking about that person or even if it's just to make you feel better about yourself internally. I was in that mood, where I wanted to focus my energies on thinking of that person and the joys of it all.

Having spent the better part of an hour listening to India Arie, Jill Scott, Angie Stone, John Legend and others and I feel mellow now but moody, it has also left me pondering about the state of music at present, everything now seems more about the beat than the lyrics. Whatever happened to good clean pure music with lyrics that mean something... don't get me wrong there are still a few tunes that you hear and think wow but it's not so much the case as of late... I guess everything has its season.

This week I took a hiatus from the cooking and will be dining out next week so sorry to say no updates this week on the culinary front.

Have a nice evening all...I shall bid you adieu while I return to my melancholy...

1 comment:

  1. just given u an award
    http://lion-essence.blogspot.com/2009/03/kreative-award.html

    ReplyDelete