Sunday 8 March 2009

Back on Track




My desire to cook different mains (other than West Indian) and deserts continue, though I fear I may be putting on weight and that is a bit scary to contemplate for someone who has ranged between the 119-126 from the age of 15... I must ask my friends whether I am or not.

Then again maybe I need new glasses...

Today's meal was Pork with Chili and Coconut, served with Angel Hair pasta... it was decidedly different and offered a new taste to the palate. I enjoyed it quite a lot and after last weeks meal it was a definite thumbs up. My taste buds were screaming in ecstasy and my tummy was rejoicing at receiving something that tasted well together. I am beginning to realize that the more I cook the easier it seems weekly and the less time required to complete each meal... then again maybe it's the meals I chose to make. Today's main course took about an hour to make and required minimum effort... who knew you could serve up such a delicious meal so easily and quickly, let's just say that had I known I would have started cooking before the age of 27.

Desert this week was Key Lime Pie... my pastry wasn't the best I've made but the pie was nice, cooked to near perfection and tasted well... though it's nothing in comparison to the Pavlova I made previously.



All in all... the main I would make again... the desert... it is nice but not nice enough to inspire me to make it a second time... it was just not my thing really.... guess my Sister-in-law will be happy though as she claims that Key lime pie is one of her favorite deserts so I shall send her a huge portion tomorrow.

Hmmm... What should I cook next week??? In the last few weeks my mains have been casserole dishes... I'm feeling the need for something baked/vegetarian/fish. Will have to think hard about this and decide what I most desire. Looks like I'll be making Mother's day meal for everyone... my mom has started hinting along with my sister-in-law and another family friend... hmm the challenge of it all... Imagine they are putting their faith and stomachs into the hands of a culinary novice.

Recipes to follow....

4 comments:

  1. Yum The key lime pie looks so good, I made red velvet sandwich cookies with chocolate ganache filling. I hate chocolate but my friends love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that sounds great...but I've given up chocolate for lent...so ... I'll stop thinking about it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds yummy..
    Fish will be a good to try next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm yeah I'm thinking so as well... need a break from all the meat.

    ReplyDelete