Friday 20 March 2009

Well??


So I'm at work one day and after reading one of my poems, a work colleague decides to challenge me to responding to one of his... I guess we had nothing better to do at the time... think my response was directed more towards my ex at the time than to his poem.


Well?

Can you handle it?

Set in stone

Time weathered to the bone

Can you handle?

Scarred by love

Mutilated beyond recognition

Impaired by trust

What was the conviction?

Love is not what it seems

Love is what you make it

Bestowed upon whom it deems

Can you handle it?

By Gerald M.

Reply: Well?

I can handle it?

Are you ready for me to do so?

Love is what you make it

But will you treat me as a lover and not a foe?

Time permitted the scars will heal

A strong person I am, willing to trust

Are you going to continually put up a shield?

Tear the barriers down, don’t let these feelings rust.

I can handle it

Can you handle me?

Face up to it

Just maybe… just maybe……

You can’t ….

Copyrighted © 2008 By DDS


No comments:

Post a Comment