Friday 6 March 2009

She Must Have Been Crazy!!!



Well my day was interesting to say the least... Please note all names have been altered/ changed (except my own) completely.

Let me paint a picture and start from beginning...

I work with my Local Government and weekly we have a training meeting from between 9 and 10... on Thursdays, my working day starts at 9.

So I get to the office early at 8:40 and I'm seated at my desk minding my own business starting up my PC and logging into the varying applications required to undertake my daily duty. Looking up I can see that all of my colleagues like eager bunnies were seated in the meeting area by 8:50, I continued what I was doing as the meeting starts at 9 not 8:50 and not only that I'm paid from 9 not prior.

Then I hear my name being called... Danielle we would like to start the meeting early!!! Coming from the direction of my line manager...

My response: Tanya... I don't start until 9

In a shocked voice I heard; Danielle!!!!

My response: Well yeah I start at 9 and the meeting is at 9 so I'll be there for then not before.

Guess she was embarrassed that I said that in front of everyone because what happens today??

You guessed it I get called up for saying that to her... and I stood my ground... if you want me to start early change my hours, If you want me to be flexible ask properly, and notify me in time don't do something adhoc and expect me to fall in line. And further more I am not apologizing as there's nothing to apologize for and you should know better than to tell me to work before I even start... and further more if you ask me/ tell me the same thing again my answer will remain the same. Then the other one... it was a double tag team... proceeds to tell me that someone wasn't happy about something I said to them about 3 weeks ago... my response...well if that person (grown ass person at that) can't see it fit to talk to me and you can only now approach me about it frankly I don't care who said what or why.

I think I shocked them... :)

She then proceeds to ask me if I have any issues in my life to perhaps explain why I snapped at her... my response I'm perfectly peachy as though it's any of her business and as if i would confide in her.... They then both proceed to tell me that they have no issue with my work... of course not... you're just embarrassed and want to try and lash out...

I know I may seem in-flexible but trust me... if you're late 5 minutes like I was today....you are asked to sign a sheet of paper to say why and to return the missing time... so with that said my time is and was mines to do as I please... I got held up yesterday and left about 8 minutes late... guess what I did with the sheet I was provided and what I wrote:

When would the time be made up??? : Already made up as I finished at 17:38 yesterday.

She musta been out of her mind... and still is.. if she expects me to apologize for that... Not happening... not with this woman.

1 comment: