Saturday 7 March 2009

Great Protector


I can feel your stares

Searing at my back

Your eyes watching

Never leaving me for too long

Who are you and how may I help?


As I turn seeking

No one’s there

Did I imagine you?

Conjure you up from nowhere?

Who are you and how may I help?


I continue with my chores

Your presence surrounds me

Encompassing, consuming and stifling

Closer you get, disturbingly nearer

Who are you and how may I help?


Glancing around

It all seems obscure

No longer in familiar territory

Strange sights and terrain

Yet your presence I sense, lurking

Who are you and how may I help?


As the smog clears

The strange becomes the familiar

The topography, one crossed before.

No longer are you a mystery

No longer are you intrusive


Always there, lurking, staring,

Doing what you do so well

Protect, cherish and nurture

You are love, pure and untainted

How may I serve you Lord?


Copyrighted 2006, By DDS Great Protector


This is one of my favorite poems of those that I have written.

4 comments: