Wednesday 18 March 2009

The wonderful world of me!

I haven’t written anything in a while and I am feeling decidedly guilty for not doing so.

I have had a very busy weekend, spent with family and friends and cooking on Sunday with hardly any time in between to breathe or relax properly. The outcome is that I am now feeling shattered and I’m only 2 days into my 5 day working week.

Friday evening I went out to dinner with my work colleagues and it was interesting. It’s always a nice atmosphere getting together with current and past employees, catching up on what they have been doing in their lives and respective jobs. The food was Asian and my choice of Chicken Korma was not well received, I really did not enjoy it, it has a sweet coconut taste that was not appealing to my taste buds.

On a different note a brother of one of my colleague’s whose employers works alongside us was there and actually left me stupefied and rendered temporarily speechless. Here’s what happened in brief;

So I have a small stature, I am 5”7” and weigh 120lbs roughly (I haven’t weighed myself in a while), my outfit for the night… black leggings, black patent rounded tipped heels, and a pink knitted fitted top which extended just below my rear… my hair pinned up, silver tear drop earrings with a pink coloured stone and a black clutch bag.

So I am there calmly minding my business mixing and mingling and conversing with others. I stood up and approached someone and said something of which I can’t quite recall what exactly, heading back to my chair I am stopped by the sound of my name being yelled across the room…

Him: Danielle!..... Danielle!...

Me: Yes…

Him; You’ve got a Wicked Physique… (Shouted loudly over the din of people)

Me: What?! (Said in shock and a gaping mouth)

Him: You’ve got a Wicked Physique (he said this so loudly that all other conversations around the table were promptly halted)

Me; Ahmm… Thanks...he then proceeded to tell me that perhaps he should take me home to his wife and tell her that this is what she needs to look like…

Lol… I have been told this a few times but I guess where others see a slim build, long legs and proportioned curves... I see barely there hips and drumstick legs… I should listen to my boyfriend more often then.

So that was the evening in a nutshell I got in just before 1:00am and went straight to bed as I had an early morning wake up call for my first drivng lessons…look out all…Danielle’s going to be on the roads.

On Sunday I committed a cardinal sin; I cooked a meal which I have already made, since my new experiment commenced, this is something I did not want to happen. My aim was to do something different every week and I have failed… though technically since I changed the meat used I can perhaps delude myself into thinking that I haven’t completely failed myself and after all no ones scoring me right… only myself. This week’s meal was a duplicate of last weeks however the desert was different, it tasted great and for my brother’s girlfriend she really relished it and even inquired about the recipe. I made Chicken with chili and coconut. I desperately wanted to cook fish but had unexpected guest (my twin and his girlfriend) my twin brother apart from myself has to be the most fussy eater I know of and though he east fish he has steadfastly refused to eat too much of it since moving to this country and I didn’t want him wasting my meal.

For desert I made a Coconut Cream Pie… if you are not a fan of coconut then this would not be for you… it was okay but again like the Key Lime Pie it was nothing to scream and shout about… though admittedly the Key Lime Pie tasted better on the Monday than it did no the Sunday it was made… the up coming Sunday is mother’s day here and I have yet to plan my meal… must think hard about what to make…I have built up the anticipation that much that it’s getting harder and harder to live up to the expectations of all… on that note a work colleague after reading my blog made a request today for me to make her a Tropical Fruit cheesecake… hmmm don’t know if I can keep up with this.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! I made Mango Cheesecake for my brother's birthday and it was not to my liking...thank god he liked it. As you get better and better in the kitchen the expations will climb. Every christmas I'm expected to out do last year's dessert. What ever are we cooks/bakers going to do??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that must have been embarassing yelling from across the room. I can barely handle a compliment, but that would certainly make a dark girl, like me, blush!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol@ meme... I'm beginning to wish I never undertook this feat... lol...I'm striving to outdo every week let alone Christmas.

    Monica... it was embarrassing initially but sort of funny... I think I surprised everyone, guess they didn't know that all this was under the work attire.

    ReplyDelete