Wednesday 4 March 2009

A Mother's Faith!

Since joining the blogging community I have found myself quite obsessed with my blog to the point where I check it frequently even on my mobile. I sit at work and whilst on my lunch or a 15 minute tea break I would pull out my phone to see who's been reading, what they have read/ are reading and whether any comments were made. I am quite weirdly fascinated with the traffic on my blog as well; in a weird randomly childlike excited manner. I guess these are the excitements of a newbie blogger.

Though I enjoy the apparent attention I have gained since commencing my blog... I actually gain a lot of personal pleasure from writing on my blog irrespective of whether others read, comment or chose to follow... I am enjoying it as I can freely and wantonly let loose with my thoughts and emotions.

I have been out of touch however for the last few days and actually struggled to write something on Sunday, and have yet to upload the last 2 recipes I attempted. I had a Driving Theory Test to study for which I took today and was actually scared that I would fail... so I therefore forced myself to stay off the internet and to focus my attention on practicing for my theory as even though it won't be the end of the day if I failed it will not only be a disappointment but a waste of money; particularly in these times when others are wanting. I spent the last week and a half frantically practicing daily and even withheld reading any of the varying novels awaiting my attention.

As you may/ may not have noted if you read the ABC game... I am a competitor, I hate losing and this also translates to a fear of failure... I am a perfectionist by nature and always strive hard to please myself and others around me and the thought of facing my twin to say that I would have to retake my theory made me cringe; especially as he has been behind me about it for so long... urging me to study.

And fail I did not I actually breezed through the first half so quickly and had to revisit each question a second time to ensure that I read and answered them correctly prior to submitting my final answers. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders and once more I can focus my attention on my blog and catch up on my reading materials.

Soon after taking my test I called my mother and in a very depressed and childlike voice said to her... "Mom, I didn't pass". My mother's immediate response "you're lying"... I tried convincing her but she was having none of it and insisted that I wasn't being honest and I eventually caved in and admitted the truth.

I inquired: " How can you be so sure that I was lying?"

Her response: "I didn't give birth to a dumb child". Don't you just love mothers!

**I think now that I'm the only one that worries about failing and I guess that's part of human nature that allows us to be vulnerable and appreciative of the strength others can lend/ give. **

3 comments: