Saturday 4 April 2009

I'm Sick Sick Sick


Since Tuesday of this week I have been fighting the onslaughts of the flu... it started on Sunday night with my throat feeling extremely odd, not hurting but slightly blocked where I felt the need to clear it every 30 seconds and drank water all day Monday in hopes that whatever is assailing me will disappear... Tuesday saw me at work feeling slightly worse for the wear but I soldiered on and worked through it. Though by the time I got off the train and had to walk the 5 minutes to my house I felt like I was ready to collapse. I crawled home... well not literally of course but I was close.. when I got in I was greeted with the comment "Christ you're slow... you know how long I see you turned the corner". It obviously took me quite a while to get into the house if that was noted.

I exchanged my work garments for 2 jumpers,,yes I did say 2, I was freezing, pajama bottoms, a thick pair of socks and to cap it off a blanket. I plunked myself onto my sofa, pulled my baby close and snuggled in. Somehow I ended up being awake until 1:00pm that night researching something for a future blog post and searching for a dress to wear to my friend's wedding.

By 11:30 however, my throat was killing me and I couldn't swallow without thinking that at any point soon my life was going to end. I got up and made myself a cup of strong black coffee with sugar and lemon juice... as gross as this may sound it works wonders for a soar throat, it worked but only for about 20 minutes, I braced myself for round two and made another cup, ahhhhhhhh bliss my soar throat went away and all my layers seem to have staved off the fever... I woke up feeling like my old self and felt like I had finally knocked the flu for a six for once... but alas it was not to be... this evening I find myself with a headache, feeling feverish once more and worse of all I am getting a terrible cold and cannot stop sneezing.

Luckily for my family I'm not cooking this weekend otherwise they would probably get a bit more than they bargained for. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Night all...

3 comments:

  1. I hope feel better. Being sick is the worst, stay warm and rest. Soon you be right as rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel..I hope so too.. haven't got much choices but to go about my daily life as normal though... so gotta suck it up and get moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate being sick. i have had the flu thrices in three months. m miserable now. can realte to you :$
    just hope u get over wid it soon!

    ReplyDelete