Tuesday 21 April 2009

It's great to purge...and Eight Things



Last night after my rant, I felt the need to text those around me whom I call friends and whose friendships mean the most to me... a simple text just thanking them for being in my life and for being who they are.. because as individuals and as a collective they each bring something very different but enriching to my life. We tend to overlook sometimes the powers of friendships and the warm feeling that a simple text, call or an email from a friend engenders.

I received a text last night from a very good friend, prior to her reading my rant and also prior to my own text, that friend was apologizing for not being there at times when I may have needed or wanted them.. and it warmed me to know that thought was given to their contribution to our friendship... but in all honesty not hearing from said person never bothers me simply because I have come to know them well and accept them wholly for who they are all shortcomings included. What matters to me is that on those most needy occasions they were there. When I need a sharp kick to wake me up I can expect to get it, at all times I can expect and know that the advice given would be sound and helpful.. so to that friend....... no worries I know that you will always be there when I really do need you.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

On another note I was tagged by the lovely Melissa @ Meme Love with an Eight Things so here goes:




8 Things I look forward to:

1. Getting home from work each day
2. Speaking to that person that makes my heart skip a beat and spending time with them.
3. Seeing my nieces and nephew and family and spending time with them.
4. My upcoming trip to SVG in August
5. Tennis Grand Slams
6. Reading a good John Grisham/ James Patterson
7. Finally being on the road and driving
8. Sleeping.


8 Things I did yesterday:

1. Woke up late and tired.
2. Went to work (late)
3. Ate a huge dinner that left me feeling like an overfilled water balloon.
4. Watched an episode of Desperate Housewives
5. Write on my blog and reminisced a bit.
6. Texted my friends a soppy message
7. Read a little bit of the book I've been reading over the last week.
8. Surfed the net until just after Midnight.


8 Things I wish I could do

1. Travel the whole world.
2. Speak fluent french.
3. Be in 2 places at the same time.
4. Buy all the clothes, shoes, bags, accessories that I want when I want it.
5. Buy back the Grenadine Islands that have been sold.
6. Live a care free relaxed life without worries.
7. Pursue my desire to learn different dances further.
8. Learn how to drive overnight.


8 Shows I watch

1. Desperate Housewives
2. CSI (New York, Miami, Vegas)
3. NCIS
4. Prison Break
5. Smallville
6. Brothers and Sisters
7. Dirty Sexy Money
8. Bones


8 Bloggers Tagged

1. Lioness
2. made in the eighties
3. Monica
4. Glamstar
5. TCG
6. Will
7. Ann's Friend
8. Rich


Enjoy your evening folks..

No comments:

Post a Comment