Friday 20 February 2009

Thai Red Beef Curry...

After many hours of perusing the cook book, deliberating and lamenting on whether or not the varying dishes I looked at would appeal to my palate I have finally settled on making a curry.

Yes I know it's not a Chinese meal but hey it's close sort of... it's Thai... It sounds good and I fancy beef this week, the last 2 weeks were Chicken dishes and one can only eat so much chicken before fancying something different... though I think I will still have to do some chicken as the curry may just be a tad too spicy for my niece's and nephew. My brother has volunteered himself and family to be my guinea pigs again this week.

Making the Thai Red Beef Curry will be a challenge as it's very different from how us West Indian's normally make our curry dishes.However I'm not going to be daunted as you won't know if you can do something until you try so I shall continue trying... as long as I stick to the recipe then surely I can't go wrong. Right??

I shall update you on the outcome and the feedback received from my guinea pigs of the week.

Starters...not very Thai/Chinese inspired will be Cheese and Olive bites (some will be substituted with sausages for the kids) ... it is literally olives covered by a cheesy pastry.

For desert: A frozen Lemon Flummery, as usual desert will be made on Saturday as it requires a minimum of 14 hours prior to serving. My audience will prefer Pavlova as my nephew and sister-in-law really enjoyed it last week after I sent them some, but I intend to stick to my plans of trying something different every week for the time being.

And so I shall say... Watch this Space for an update on the meal of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment