Sunday 22 February 2009

Thai Red Beef Curry... Update..

Have just finished eating and cleaning up... dinner again was lovely, I'm ever so grateful that everything seems to be going according to plan so far. Apart from the cheesecake which was okay but could have been better in my opinion the varying dishes I attempt seems to be turning out the way they should.

The starters of cheese and olive bites as well as cheese and sausage bites were light and tasty; the only problem was that I failed to make enough as my hungry family seemed to have wanted more particularly the kids... I think I should have reminded them that it was just a starter and not a meal on its own.... they were just meant to tickle the taste buds and leave them wanting and I guess that's what they did.



The main course of Thai Red Beef Curry, served with Basmati rice and steamed vegetables was relatively easy to make and my fear that it will perhaps go awry considering the differences in how the curry is made from what I'm used to was unfounded. In fact dinner today all in all was a piece of cake compared to the last two weeks meals. It tasted very good and the compliments as usual were positive; everyone cleared all their plates and I must say that with the family I have when they give compliments they are normally genuine and have never failed to tell me in the past when I have not made something to their liking and why.

Desert was nice; the Lemon Flummery was served with whipped cream and caramelized lemon zest. It was refreshingly cold and creamy and left me wanting more. My Sis-in-law had a helping of my coconut ice-cream made last week also and couldn't seem to get enough of it, in fact she declared it to be so nice that she wanted to try making it herself and requested the recipe; to which my response was the recipe is on my blog... lol....





As you may have noticed I have been posting recipes, I figured there was not much point me ranting and raving about the foods I make if no one can attempt to make them themselves after reading my rants... so if you should try anything... I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

1 comment: