Tuesday 24 February 2009

Inner Sanctum



Inner Sanctum


Wintry and dark

Murky shadows abound

Smells of rotting dank

Seize and surround.

Hairs stand on end.

Uncontrollably shivering

The chill courses through and deepens.

Demanding to leave its stamp, lingering

Reluctant to surrender,

Wrestling to get free

From its clawing pincers

Visualising brighter territory,

I imagined perfection.

It was a figment,

Of misplaced imagination;

In this frantic quest for fulfilment.

What once lay before me,

I now earnestly see.

Overlooked foolishly,

Viewed with a blindfolded heart, impatiently

Now truly I see me.

Now truly I see….

Copyrighted© 2008 by DDS 27/03/08

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Meme..glad you liked.... it's partly about myself and partly about someone else (more so)

    ReplyDelete