Saturday 18 July 2009

Or is it?


Continuing with the story of Dawn, having acquired a dog they could ill afford and feed, it was inevitable that the dog will become ill and that they would be unable to afford its medication thus poor doggy had a short life span and Dawn unlike the smart person that she appeared to be growing up was out with her boyfriend looking for another dog.

Somehow common sense took over or maybe it was the lack of finance and luckily they did not acquire another dog. Continues there seeming bliss, with Dawn paying the bills and even though they were sharing a house with other friends/ relatives of her boyfriend, the rent which was meant to be split 3 ways was totally paid for on quite a few occasions by Dawn, who with a few promises of having her money returned have yet to smell a scent of or even glimpse her money back.

Then it happened coming home from work one day, she is greeted by her bags packed nicely for her and a request for her to leave as she is no longer needed as apparently he has now figured out how to use the washing machine.

Writing this I am still awed that someone can put up with all of this and still be seemingly oblivious to the fact that love is not meant to be like this...

Where would you be, would you have been there for months paying the bills whilst he's unemployed and seemingly without any aims of finding employment? Would you be content at being taken for a ride by his friends/ family?

I definitely wouldn't be... I can't say for sure that I wont ever be in such a situation as no one knows what the future holds, however I do believe I'm too much of a strong character to be strung along, too focused on achieving things in my life to be held down. And I've definitely found someone who has my best interest at heart.

4 comments:

  1. True Story?!
    What a B**** life can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep sad to say it's all true, I couldn't quite believe it myself and the more I heard the more disbelieving I became...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good God what a sobering story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Sobering and to think it's not the end of the saga

    ReplyDelete